A multidisciplinary group of pediatric healthcare professionals dedicated to eliminating the gap between what is and what can be for children’s health
To create the highest quality healthcare possible for children in New Mexico.
To envision what can be and to create the highest quality healthcare for children in New Mexico.
Collaborating to improve children’s health
Envision New Mexico is a healthcare quality improvement program of the Department of Pediatrics at the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center. We work with children’s health practitioners to make sustainable changes in practices and communities to improve the quality of healthcare for children and families in New Mexico. Our programs target healthcare issues specific to children in our state.
- Application of evidence-based best practices
- The Model for Improvement
- Motivational Interviewing
- Outreach, education, and interdisciplinary training
- Evaluation and technical assistance
- Indian Health Service
- New Mexico Pediatric Society
- New Mexico Department of Health
- New Mexico Human Services Department
- New Mexico Alliance on School-based Health Care
- New Mexico Salud Managed Care Organizations
- Optum Behavioral Health
- Other state and national partners
Our interdisciplinary staff is experienced in health education, medicine, nursing, nutrition, psychology, child psychiatry, public health, public administration, and social work.